The console on your Schwinn AD6 Airdyne bike will not power up, does not turn on or start. Why is this happening? Read more about the common causes for this behavior and steps you can take to fix the problem.
Things to Check:
- Computer Cable
- Cable Connection and Orientation
- Inspect for Damage to Console
How to Check Things:
- Batteries - make sure the batteries are installed into the console correctly. Make sure the batteries are of the same type; Never mix lithium, Alkaline, or NiMh. Never use a standard battery in place of a rechargeable battery. If batteries are not mixed and the batteries are properly installed; replace batteries with a known good set.
- Computer Cable - Inspect the cable. All wires should be intact. Ensure no crimps, cuts, or physical damage to the cable. Replace cable if necessary.
- Cable Connection and Orientation - Inspect to make sure cable is in proper orientation and makes a secure connection. The small latch on the connector should line up and snap into place.
- Inspect Console for Damage - Inspect the console for visual signs of cracking or any other damage. If damage is present to the console, replace the console.