The Cybex 525T treadmills have lower control boards for use on 110v machines or 220v machines.
The treadmill voltage determines which board is the proper replacement.
110v Standard Lower Controller
- AD-22395, This is standard board for 110v machines. Board is without Power Factor Correction (Non-PFC).
110v Lower Controller with PFC (required by Gym Source)
- AD-23914, This is board with Power Factor Correction (PFC) - allows the treadmill to use the incoming power more efficiently; allowing more available power at higher speeds.
- PFC stands for Power Factor Correction, where it changes the wave shape of current drawn by a load to improve the stability of the circuit. Non-PFC would be a fixed wave shape.
220v Lower Controller
- AD-23915, This is board for 220v machines.
- In some cases, if the facility power is inadequate or poor quality, a 525T with a PFC controller may register error 95, 98, and 103 more readily. (An example of inadequate or poor quality power is noise from an onsite generator.) The PFC controller, AD-23914, is sometimes replaced wit ha Non-PFC contoller, AD-22395, in this scenario. The Non-PFC board can ignore small discrepancies in power input and still function properly.
- If the Cybex 525T trips the circuit breaker, this may be due to the lower controller board as well. The treadmill may need a PFC controller, AD-23914, to prevent the circuit breaker from tripping. NOTE: A worn belt/deck can also cause a circuit breaker to trip. You will need to confirm miles and hours while troubleshooting to determine root cause.