Do you have a LifeFitness Powermill and need to replace the drive chain? Continue reading to learn how to replace the drive chain on your LifeFitness Powermill.
The estimated time on this part replacement is 20 minutes.
- Phillips Screwdriver
- 13mm Socket
Drive Chain Replacement Procedure:
Begin by disconnecting power from the machine. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Electrical charge can remain in the unit after unplugging. Allow the unit to sit 10 minutes before performing service.
- Using the Phillips Screwdriver, remove the upper and lower side panels from the user's left side of the unit.
- Scribe a line against the mounting plate to mark the initial position of the sprocket idler bracket.
- Using the socket and ratchet, remove the tension from the drive chain by backing off the sprocket idler tension bolt.
- Disconnect the master link from the drive chain. Slip the drive chain off the two sprockets.
- Re-tighten the sprocket idler tension bolt until the sprocket idler returns to the initially marked position.
- Place the new drive chain onto the sprockets and install the master link to secure the chain.
- Using the Phillips Screwdriver, re-install the upper and lower side panels to the left side of the unit.
- Operate the machine at all levels and verify proper operation.
- This completes the replacement of the drive chain on a LifeFitness Powermill.