This wiring applies to the following Stairmaster PT stepper models: 4000PT, 4200PT, 4400PT, and 4600PT.
This alternator wiring is for an alternator with a silver sticker when used on Stairmaster PT steppers.
it is important to note that the physical location of the wire connections as well as the markings may have changed from the alternator being replaced.
From the Console (Gray Cable):
- The BLUE wire goes to AC TAP terminal on the alternator
- The WHITE wire goes to the white wire from the side panel jack assembly
- The BROWN wire goes to FLD (field) terminal on the alternator
- The BLACK wire goes to GROUND, NEG or N.C.* terminal on the alternator
Diode (if equipped):
- Cathode (gray stripe) of diode to FLD (field) terminal of the alternator
- Anode (opposite end) of diode to GROUND, NEG or N.C.* terminal of the alternator
From the Load Resistor:
There are 2 black wires from the load resistor.
- One wire goes to GROUND, NEG or N.C.* on the alternator
- One wire goes to B+ or POS on the alternator
From the Jack Assembly:
- The WHITE wire goes to the white wire from the console (gray cable) 2. BLACK wire goes to GROUND, NEG or N.C.* terminal on the alternator
(* N.C. may be used as GROUND)