Here are steps on how to clean your bike pedals:
- Remove the pedals from the bike.
- Use a degreaser to clean the outside of the pedals. You can use a spray degreaser or a degreaser wipe.
- Scrub the pedals with a brush to remove any dirt or grime.
- Rinse the pedals with warm water to remove the degreaser.
- Dry the pedals with a towel.
- If the pedals are still dirty, you can repeat the steps above.
- Apply a light coat of grease to the axles and bearings of the pedals. This will help to keep them working smoothly.
- Reinstall the pedals on the bike.
Here are some additional tips:
- Use a mild degreaser, as harsh degreasers can damage the plastic parts of the pedals.
- Be careful not to get degreaser on the bearings, as this can make them sticky.
- If the pedals are very dirty, you may need to soak them in a degreaser for a few minutes before scrubbing them.
- Wipe off any excess grease after applying it to the axles and bearings.
Cleaning your bike pedals regularly will help to keep them working smoothly and prevent them from corroding.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when cleaning your bike pedals:
- If your pedals are made of metal, you can also use a wire brush to clean them.
- If your pedals are plastic, be careful not to use too much force when scrubbing them, as this could damage the plastic.
- Once you have cleaned your pedals, be sure to dry them thoroughly before reinstalling them.