In this article, we cover the steps of how to replace the console of the M7 Max Trainer by BowFlex.
The console for the M7 Max Trainer is the OEM part number 8010301.
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- 5mm Hex Wrench
- Begin the repair by disconnecting the power from the machine. Unplug the power cable from the machine and the wall outlet.
- Using the 5mm hex wrench, remove 2 screws from each side of the console mast. There are 4 screws to be removed.
- Take care and lift the console to expose the cable connections.
Be sure not to crimp any of the cables for the console. It may require 2 people for this step.
- Disconnect the cables. At the same time, do not allow the cables to fall into the post.
Be sure not to crimp any of the cables for the console.
- Use the #2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the 8 screws from the back of the console. There are 4 screws per side. Remove the back cover of the console.
- Do not remove the cables from the console handlebars. Disconnect the Zero Insertion Force (ZIF) Connectors (J2 and J3) and remove the cables from the board. Do this by lifting the retaining clip to unlock and then open the connector. Pull the ribbon cable from the connector.
- Again, use the #2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the console to the console handlebars.
- You are now ready to remove the old console, note how the cables route from the console mast, and replace it with the new console.
- Reverse the steps you've taken to this point to install the new console.
- The final step is to review the assembly to ensure all pieces are put together correctly. Check that the hardware is tight. Check the machine for operation.