Belt Over Speed Error on LifeFitness 5500 Treadmill
- Opto (speed) sensor is out of adjustment.
- An obstruction such as dirt or debris is blocking the Opto (speed) sensor signal.
- Opto (speed) sensor is faulty.
- The user is pushing the belt faster than its set speed.
- Inspect the position of the Opto (speed) sensor. Adjust if necessary. Adjust the Opto (speed) sensor so that the speed sensor disc is centered within the Opto (speed) sensor.
- Inspect the Opto (speed) sensor and disc for dirt/debris buildup. Clean away any obstruction if necessary.
- Replace Opto (speed) sensor if necessary.
- Reset the unit and instruct the user on the proper use of the treadmill.