LifeFitness 9100 Treadmill Error Max Speed is Reduced
- Running belt slips on front roller under user weight.
- Insufficient power source.
- The user is pushing the running belt.
- Wax system malfunction.
- Worn running belt and/or deck.
- Test running belt tension by performing a stall test.
- The most popular speed for this test is 2mph to 3mph.
- Try to slow the belt by applying pressure with your foot against the belt movement while grasping the handrails.
- If the running belt slows, slips or stops (and the front roller does not) adjust both the tensioning bolts in the rear roller, 1/4 turn clockwise (not to exceed a full turn).
- Test again and repeat adjustment if necessary.
- Also, inspect the running belt and deck for excessive wear. Replace if necessary.
- Ensure treadmill is connected to a dedicated 120V, 20 amp circuit.
- Instruct the user on proper use of the treadmill.
- Inspect for 8" (203.2mm) to 16" (406.44mm) spray pattern.
- Clean wax nozzle if necessary by removing and soaking in hot water.
- Check for kinked hoses and replace any hoses if necessary.
- Inspect wax reservoir and fill if necessary.
- Inspect the wax bag for leaks and replace the bag if necessary.
- Inspect wax reservoir for any contamination, and replace if necessary.
- Test wax system through manual mode by pressing the START key once. Then press CLEAR key twice. Then press keys 9, 1, 9, and ENTER.
- Access the wax test by turning "ON" the FIT TEST.
- FIT TEST is "ON" when LED is lit on the FIT TEST program key.
- Once FIT TEST is "ON", press ENTER to manually wax the unit.
- Press CLEAR to exit.
- Inspect running belt and deck. Ensure that running belt underside is not glazed over (hard/glossy) and that deck surface is slick and smooth with no wear. Replace if necessary.
- If replacing running belt and deck, set wax delay to ON.