Speed Control Error for LifeFitness 9500 Treadmill
- Insufficient power source.
- Poor cable connections at the motor controller.
- The motor controller is faulty.
- CPU control board is faulty.
- Poor connection of the drive motor wiring.
- The drive belt is loose.
- Drive motor housing has a broken weld.
- Ensure treadmill is connected to a dedicated 120V, 20 Amp circuit.
- Inspect all cable connections to the motor controller. Reset any connections if necessary.
- Access the speed automatic diagnostics by pressing 9, 1, 9, ENTER and making sure all program keys are OFF.
- The TOTAL CAL and CAL/HR LEDs should be lit, if not inspect all wire connections to the motor controller and control board. Reset any connections if necessary.
- If the TOTAL CAL LED is lit but the CAL/HR LED is out, then with your feet off the running belt and on the side rails, press the SPEED UP key.
- The TOTAL CAL LED should go out initially while the CAL/HR LED comes on.
- Once the belt reaches the target speed, both LEDs should be on. If this is true, both the control board and the motor controller are functioning.
- Walk on the unit for 5 minutes. Watch the TOTAL CAL and CAL/HR LEDs.
- If the TOTAL CAL LED flashes on and off, the running belt needs to be changed and the deck needs flipped or replaced due to wear on the belt or deck.
- Test unit with a known good motor controller and replace if necessary
- Test unit with a known good CPU controller and replace if necessary.
- Inspect the drive motor wiring for damage or poor connections. Repair any damaged wiring and reset any poor connections if necessary.
- Check the drive motor belt tension. Re-tension the drive motor belt if necessary.
- Inspect the condition of the drive motor housing and tensioning bolt. Replace if necessary.