Lift Error on LifeFitness 9500 Treadmill
- Limit/Home switch in tracking sensor may be stuck.
- Limit/Home switch is bad.
- Damaged wire harness or poor connections at the control board and lift motor.
- The lift belt has improper tension.
- The lift motor is faulty.
- Inspect limit/home switch to verify it isn't stuck. If the switch is stuck, tap on the limit/home switch to free it.
- Access the incline manual mode in diagnostics by pressing 9, 1, 9, ENTER, and then pressing the HILL program key. If the lift motor doesn't operate, replace the limit/home switch.
- Inspect the wire harnesses and connections at the control board and the lift motor. Repair or replace any damaged wire harnesses or connections if necessary.
- Remove the running belt and deck to inspect the lift mechanism. Check the lift belt for proper tension (80 ft/lbs) and re-tension if necessary.
- Inspect the lift motor for excessive wear or damage. Replace lift motor if necessary.