True Treadmill Errors and Service Messages
The error messages that may be displayed by the built-in diagnostics are as follows:
- This means that the incline is moving when it has not been commanded to.
- This is a minimum incline calibrating error that can be cleared by calibrating the incline.
- This means the difference between the treadmill's zero position and the maximum incline is not sufficient.
- This means that the incline is not moving when it has been commanded to.
- This occurs when acceleration greater than 2.1 mph occurs as this is greater acceleration than anticipated.
- This means feedback cannot reduce or increase speed to target and error can be cleared by calibrating the treadmill.
- This error happens when a data error is detected on the EEprom. The control panel needs to be replaced if this error occurs.
- This error occurs when there is no speed or RPM feedback detected from the speed sensor.
The service messages that may be displayed by the built-in maintenance reminders are as follows:
- This service message displays when it is time for inspection of the deck lubrication system.
- This service message displays every 500 miles and is your prompt to clean the treadmill.
- This service message displays every 2500 hours and is your prompt to check the motor brushes.
This information should help you understand the cause of the error message or code and how to take action to repair your True treadmill.