Loud Noise from LifeFitness Exercise Bike During Exercise, 95CW, 95Ce and 95Ci
- Non-carpeted, hard surface floor.
- Improper riding style.
- Crank bearings are worn.
- The alternator belt is excessively loose.
- The alternator belt is worn.
- Malfunctioning alternator.
- The drive belt is excessively loose.
- Free-wheel pulley assembly.
- Place Exercise Bike upon a softer, surfaced floor.
- Change style. Do not lean excessively to either side.
- Inspect bearings. Replace as necessary.
- Inspect belt deflection. Alternator belt deflection: 1/4 inch (6mm). Adjust as necessary.
- Replace belt. Operate exercise bike as in normal use with light and heavy load levels. Listen for excessive noise.
- Test Alternator output or, test with substitute Alternator.
- Alternator Voltage Test: 1
- Attach DC voltmeter to Alternator.
- Voltmeter positive (+) probe to Alternator red lead.
- Voltmeter negative (-) lead to Alternator black lead.
- Maintain pedal speed greater than 45 RPM.
- Press START key.
- Alternator Voltage Specification: 9 - 11 VDC when pedal speed greater than 45 RPM.
- Replace malfunctioning Alternator.
- Inspect belt. Replace belt.
- Inspect clutch for free rotation. Replace defective freewheel pulley assembly.