Learn about the messages CONFIG RQRD and NTM CONFIG RQD that may show on the console display of some Stairmaster machines.
- The message CONFIG RQRD or NTM CONFIG RQD appears when the console needs to be configured for the machine type it is installed.
- This message is common when the console has been replaced or if the settings have been changed.
- Message is commonly seen on various Stairmaster equipment such as bike models 3000CE, 3300CE, 3400CE, 3600RC, 3800RC and 3900RC; stepper models 4400PT, 4600PT, 4400CL, 4600CL and SC916; stepmill models 7000PT and SM916; elliptical model ClubStride 5100.
- Make sure the unit is in an "idle" state. "Idle" state means the console is not displaying an error or any message that requires data input. The display should basically be freshly powered up, scrolling the EKG or welcome message
- Configure the console for the proper machine type by pressing Level UP, 80, ENTER
- Using the Level UP or Level DOWN keys, scroll through to the proper machine type (Bike, Elliptical, Stairclimber or Stepmill)
- Once the proper machine type is shown on the display select the machine type by pressing ENTER
- This completes the steps necessary when your Stairmaster display reads CONFIG RQRD or NTM CONFIG RQD