Here you learn how to remove and replace the pedal arm on a Stairmaster Stepper 4000PT.
- Remove the pedal.
- Remove the side covers.
- Remove the step chain retainers.
- Support the pedal arm. Unhook the pedal arm return spring from the spring hanger. Lift the step chain up and off the clutch sprocket and lower the pedal arm to the floor.
- Remove the master link from the step chain connection point.
- Remove the snap ring from the pedal arm mounting shaft.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of eye injury, wear eye protection when removing snap rings.
- Slide or gently tap the pedal arm off of the mounting shaft.
- Clean the pedal arm shaft with a cloth damped with 30W motor oil before reassembly. DO NOT SAND THE SHAFT.
- Reverse the removal procedures to reinstall the pedal arm.