This process covers how to replace the spring pulley on the Stairmaster Stepper 4000PT.
- Snap Ring Pliers
- Remove the bottom cover.
- Unhook the pedal arm return spring from the spring hanger.
Remove the snap ring from the pulley shaft. (WARNING: To reduce the risk of eye injury, wear eye protection when removing snap rings.)
- Slide pulley and washer off the shaft.
- Before reinstalling the pulley, clean the pulley shaft thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth. Apply a thin coat of multipurpose grease to the pulley shaft.
- Slide the pulley and washer onto the shaft and install the snap ring.
- Route the spring under the spring pulley.
- Hook the end of the spring over the spring hanger. (WARNING: Do not twist the spring during installation. It will wear excessively and reduce the life of the spring.)
- Reinstall the cover.
- This completes replacing a spring pulley on your Stairmaster 4000PT.