Learn how to quickly verify that your 110-volt outlet has power with these steps from Sportsmith.
No tools required!
- The first step of troubleshooting a power issue with a machine equipped with a power cord is to verify that the outlet being used is working
- This video demonstrates a simple method of testing the outlet
- Make sure that the outlet and appliance have matching plug and receptacle before plugging in
- Failure to do so could result in injury and/or damage to the electrical circuit and/or appliance
- This procedure is a quick and easy way to test the functionality of a 110-volt outlet
- Plug in a small appliance such as the fan used in the video and make sure the appliance works
- If so, you know that the outlet is not your problem
- You could also use a light, small lamp, or radio for this test
- Any small appliance that you can plug in and turn on and know the appliance is working
- This completes our demonstration of testing a 110V outlet for power