This video covers the removal of the Eccentric Hub Assembly for the Stairmaster 4400PT/CL and 4600PT/CL Steppers.
The video begins with the covers already removed from the unit. If you need help removing the covers from your stepper, please see our video on Shroud Removal for the 4400PT/CL and 4600PT/CL Steppers.
You know the Eccentric Hub Assembly is bad when you can hear a ratcheting sound as the HTD toothed belt turns the assembly.
- Socket Wrench
- 7/16” Socket
- Adjustable Wrench or 7/16” Wrench
- Start by unhooking the springs from their frame posts.
- Lift up on the spring to unhook from the frame post and then release the pressure while moving the spring back and out of the way.
- You can then step on the pedal putting it into the down position where it will remain.
- Perform the same step on the opposite side.
- Next, remove the poly-v alternator belt by slowly walking the belt off the pulley.
- Then remove the HTD toothed belt by working it off the pulley.
- Using the socket wrench with the socket on one side and the other wrench on the opposite side, remove the 4 bolts and nuts that mount the Eccentric Hub Assembly to the stepper frame.
- Make sure to note the orientation of the installation of the bolts so that when re-installing they go back in the same direction.
- The Eccentric Hub Assembly is now free from the stepper frame and ready to be replaced.
Watch our video, Eccentric Hub Assembly Replacement, Part 2 - Installation and Adjustment.