This video is an introduction and explanation of serial numbers for the Stairmaster steppers, 4400CL/PT, 4600CL/PT, and the SC916.
The serial number for the 4400 and 4600 units is located in the front of the unit at the base of the weldment between the transport wheels.
The serial number for the SC916 units is located at the base of the left front leg.
Serial Number Explained:
The serial number is about 14 digits long. The breakdown of the serial numbers is as follows:
- The first 5 digits of the serial number determine the model number of the unit.
- The next 6 digits of the serial number represent the date of manufacture.
- The first two digits following the model number identify the year of manufacture.
- The second two digits following the year are the month of manufacture.
- The two digits following the month are the day of manufacture.
Example Serial#: 13001071121006
This serial number shows that the unit was manufactured on November 21, 2007.
- The last 3 digits of the serial number designate the total numbers of units manufactured on that production run.