How to Replace the Rear Roller on a StarTrac 4000 Treadmill
- Phillips Screwdriver
- 1/4" Allen Wrench
- Tools needed may vary depending on your hardware
- Switch the power off on the unit.
- Next, unplug the unit from the wall
- Remove the finger guard retaining screws and carefully remove them from the deck at each end of the rear roller.
- Loosen each rear roller bolt by 10 full turns. Then count the remaining turns necessary to remove the rear roller bolts. Remember to write down the number of turns needed to remove the bolts in each side for future reference.
- Carefully remove the old rear roller from the unit.
- Install the new rear roller into the unit.
- Carefully start each bolt and turn one to two threads to ensure no cross-threading has occurred.
- Tighten each rear roller bolt the number of turns you kept earlier for reference.
- Now, plug in and power on the unit.
- Start the unit at a very slow speed and check for proper belt alignment. Remember to start at the slowest speed possible and be ready to stop the unit quickly if needed.
- If the belt is moving to the right side of the unit tighten the right roller bolt if the belt is moving to the left side of the unit tighten the left roller bolt.
- Caution: make very small adjustments such as 1/4 turns and then watch the belt for several moments before making another adjustment.
- Once the belt is tracking properly walk on the unit at a slow speed and check for belt slippage on footfall. If this is happening tighten each of the rear roller bolts (1/4 turns) equal turns until the slippage is no longer occurring.
- Now use the unit at a jogging speed to check for belt travel or slippage.
- If slippage still occurs make small (1/4 turns) equal adjustments to both sides of the roller and re-test.
- Install the finger guards once you have enough clearance from the rear roller.
- Now plug in and power on the unit.