Error 26, Motor Pulse Width Incorrect - Observation of the speed sensor signal and verification the signal from the speed sensor is appropriate for the requested speed. If an incorrect or erratic speed sensor signal is detected the error appears.
- The line of sight between the speed sensor and the speed sensor target is obstructed.
- An incorrect gap between the speed sensor and the speed sensor target.
- Incorrect adjustment of the speed sensor potentiometer (when equipped).
- Damaged speed sensor target.
- Using a static-safe vacuum cleaner, carefully vacuum out the drive motor compartment. Be sure to thoroughly clean the area between the speed sensor and the speed sensor target.
- Inspect the gap of the speed sensor to the speed sensor target. The proper gap is 3/16" and the speed sensor photo eye should be aimed at the larger portion of the target's wedge-shaped section. If the unit has a magnetic speed sensor, the gap between the end of the sensor and the flywheel tooth needs to be 3/16".
- Locate the speed sensor potentiometer (when equipped) on the lower PCA. Set the speed sensor potentiometer to mid-range. Start the treadmill and increase speed to 6 mph. Carefully adjust the speed sensor potentiometer until the treadmill is operating the smoothest. Increase the speed to full speed and again adjust the speed sensor potentiometer until the treadmill is operating the smoothest. These two adjustments are typically small and are generally only a matter of fine-tuning.
- Inspect the speed sensor target for any scratches or tears that could cause incorrect readings. Replace the speed sensor target if necessary.