- Bad speed sensor.
- Bad connection or gap of the speed sensor.
- Faulty motor or wiring.
- Motor controller failure.
- Check speed sensor. Speed sensor should provide a reading of 1K – 1.4K ohms. If the speed sensor provides proper ohms, can the speed sensor magnet pick up a 9/16" wrench? If not, replace the speed sensor.
- Check speed sensor gap and cable connection. Inspect cable for crimped or broken wires and ensure a good connection to the board. Speed sensor gap should be .015" - .040" (.0381 – .1016 cm).
- Inspect wiring, test motor, and replace if necessary.
- Swap motor controller with a known good board.
Please sign in to leave a comment.