We'd like to share some characteristics of the Schwinn Airdyne bikes that can be used to help you identify the model of your Airdyne bike.
What size/type fan does it have? Is it a big fan or a short fan? Is the fan spoked like a bicycle wheel? Is the fan metal or plastic?
- Big Fan (spoke fan like a bicycle wheel, metal blades) – AD3, AD4, AD Pro/Comp
- Big Fan (tall fan blades that reach midway up handlebars, plastic blades) - AD7, AD Pro, AD8
- Short Fan (wide, metal blade) – AD Evolution Pro/Comp, AD6
- Short Fan (red plastic) - AD2 and AD2i
Does your Airdyne bike have 2 x chains, 1 x chain and 1 x belt, or does it have a single-stage drive system with 1 x belt?
- AD3, AD4 bikes have two chains.
- AD Pro/Comp and AD Evolution Pro/Comp bikes have a chain and a belt.
- AD Pro, AD6, AD7, and AD8 bikes have a single-stage drive system that uses a belt.
How do the crank arms attach to the Airdyne, by wedge pin or bolt?
- AD3, AD4, and certain AD Pro/Comp crank arms attach by wedge pin.
- Certain AD Pro/Comp bikes have crank arms that attach with a bolt.
- AD Evolution Pro/Comp bikes have crank arms that attach with a bolt.
Does your Airdyne have the bottle holder mounted above the console or below the console?
- AD7 and AD8 have the bottle holder mounted below the console above the fan.
- AD6 has the integrated bottle holder mounted above the console.
Do you have a split grip or a single grip on your Airdyne handlebars?
- AD7 and AD8 have multi-position handlebars that have a split grip with a lower option that curves in.
- AD6 has a single grip that curves out.
Is your bike seat adjustable forward and backward?
- AD Pro, AD7 and AD8 bikes offer fore and aft adjustments.
Did you buy your bike in a country with 110v electrical outlets?
- AD2i, AD6i, and AD8 are international bikes.
- AD7 are U.S. bikes.