How To Replace a Step Chain on Stairmaster 4000PT
- Remove the side covers.
- Remove the step chain retainers.
- Support the pedal arm. Unhook the pedal arm return spring from the spring hanger. Lift the step chain up and off the clutch sprocket and lower the pedal arm to the floor.
- Remove the double-pitch master link and bearing sleeve assembly from the step chain connection point on the pedal arm.
- Remove the master link from the spring-chain connection.
- Reverse the procedures to reinstall the step chain. Lubricate the step chain before reinstalling the covers.