Most combination wrenches are too wide and will lodge between the pedal and crank arm. You will need to have a pedal wrench or a thin wrench. Most Indoor Cycles require a 9/16" or 15mm wrench depending on the model.
- Lockout the brake mechanism or have someone hold the opposite crank arm while loosening the pedal
- Loosen the pedals and remove them. The user's left side pedal has reverse threads. You will need to spin it clockwise for removal. The user's right side has standard threads. Spin it counterclockwise for removal
- Once you have removed the pedals clean the crank arms and inspect the threads. If the threads are damaged, replace the crank arm.
- Install the pedals by hand first then tighten them with a wrench. Remember: The user's left side has reverse threads. You will need to turn it counterclockwise for installation.
- Tighten the pedals to 35-foot pounds.