Most people think their new belt is too short for one of the following reasons:
- The difference in length when compared to the old belt
- The new belt doesn’t seem to be long enough to install all hardware or brackets with ease
The reasons your belt may appear too short are:
- The belt will stretch some with time
- The belt will stretch once installed
- The manufacturer has a tolerance in production of plus or minus a fraction of an inch
The combination of these things can make it seem the belt is entirely too short when in fact it is a new belt ready for use.
To help install the belt try the following:
- Unroll the belt sometime before and let it flatten and acclimate to the environment
- Use a pry tool to help pull the rear roller back enough to start the bolts
- NOTE! Be sure to make several turns on the roller bolts before removing pressure from the pry tool to prevent damage to the rear roller or bolt threads
Thanks for your support during our 20+ years in the business!