BowFlex Max Trainer M7 brake assembly adjustment and replacement details.
- 8mm and 10mm Open Ended Wrench
- 1.5mm and 10mm Hex Wrench
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Tape (any kind, only used as a place holder)
- Before disconnecting power to the machine; adjust the resistance to the maximum setting.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the machine and wait 5 minutes.
- Remove the right stabilizer cover from the machine.
- Using the screwdriver, remove the indicated screws and only loosen the lowest indicated screw (arrow) from the right fan cover. Note: Loosen the lowest screw by at least 3 full rotations.
- The right fan cover has a tab that you must push upward to clear the loosened screw. While pushing up on the tab, remove the right fan cover from the assembly. Note: the AC power cable is attached to the inside of the right fan cover. Be sure not to crimp the cable by placing the right fan cover close to the front of the machine.
- At max resistance setting, the outer edge of the brake magnet should line up with the outer edge of the brake disc.
- To adjust the brake assembly, use an 8mm open-ended wrench to loosen the brake cable securing nut. Turn the adjustment barrel by hand until the magnet is in the correct position.
- Practice care and rotate the brake disc. Caution: Keep fingers out of any pinch opportunities when rotating the brake disc. If the brake disc does not rub against the brake magnet, skip to step 10.
- The brake magnets should align with the brake disc and center around the brake disc.
- To adjust the brake assembly in a minor way, use the 10mm hex wrench to loosen the front screw that secures the brake. Rotate the brake until the magnets align and are of equal distance from the brake disc. If the brake assembly must make a full shift, loosen the 2 indicated screws (see photo) that secure the assembly.
Shift the brake assembly until it centers and aligns with the brake disc. Tighten the hardware. Rotate the brake disc to be sure it does not make contact with the magnets. If further adjustment is necessary, repeat step 10.
- Installation is the reverse procedure.