- Phillips Screwdriver
The Tectrix BikeMax 3000 upright and recumbent exercise bikes are equipped with a 3 cell, 6 volt battery. If you have one of these bikes, you will need to replace the battery one day.
The battery of the upright bike is located at the lower front by the alternator.
The battery of the recumbent bike (reclined seating) is located mid-frame below the seat.
The battery may be attached to the electronics board or mounted to the frame of the bike.
You must remove the plastic covers from the bike to access the battery.
Replacing the Battery:
- If the bike is equipped with the optional AC adapter, unplug the adapter from the bike.
- If you have an upright bike, you will need to remove the seat bellows from the cover before removing the cover. Do this by raising the seat as high as it will go. Grab hold of the rubber accordion bellow and gently pull it up to loosen from the plastic cover.
- Remove all the screws that attach the cover to the bike frame. There are 2 halves to the cover.
- Rotate the user's right crank arm to the 12 o'clock position. Grab hold of the bottom of the right cover half and pull it away from the frame. Lift the cover over the crank arm and off the bike.
- Rotate the user's left crank arm to the 12 o'clock position and remove the left cover half.
- Disconnect the battery leads. Make note of the proper terminal for each lead.
- Reconnect the battery leads to the proper terminal of the new battery.
- Reinstall covers in the reverse steps.
- This completes how to remove and replace the battery of the Tectrix Bikemax 3000.