This video shows how to wax your treadmill belt and deck using powder wax.
- Bag of Powder Wax
- Old, clean towel
To properly lubricate or wax your belt and deck you will first need to clean the deck and belt to remove any contaminants.
- Begin by loosening the rear roller bolts 10 turns as seen in the video. It is best to loosen each side 5 turns and then repeat the process.
- Now that the belt is loose you can take an old towel and place it under the belt as shown in the video.
- Move the towel up and down the deck.
- Using your hands, pull the belt around halfway to ensure you have completely cleaned the back of the belt.
- Remove the towel.
- Now that the belt and deck have been cleaned; Open your bag of wax.
- Use about a teaspoon and place the wax on the deck, as seen in the video.
- Repeat the process on the opposite side.
Be sure to wipe up any excess wax as it is very slick!
- Use your hand to move the belt around some more to begin spreading the wax across the surface.
- Tighten the rear roller bolts back to the exact amount of turns they were loosened.
- Remember to tighten only halfway on each side, then repeat the process.
- Power on and start the machine and let it run slowly for a few seconds to make sure the belt is staying aligned in the center of the deck area.
- If it is not centered correctly, make minor adjustments to correct the issue.
- Tighten the left bolt to move the belt to the right.
- Tighten the right bolt to move the belt to the left.
- Walk on the belt for a minute or so to fully distribute the lubricant.
This concludes today's demonstration of how to wax a treadmill using powder wax.