Many repairs of the Schwinn AD7 Airdyne require that the shrouds be removed from the bike.
This procedure covers the steps necessary to replace the shrouds on the Schwinn Airdyne AD7.
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Begin by unplugging the power from the machine and the wall outlet.
- Slide the grommet cover up the seat post to expose the screws attaching the top shroud to the frame as shown below. (Note: If needed, remove the seat post and seat post knob. Set them aside with the grommet cover for reassembly.)
- Use the screwdriver to loosen and remove 2 screws, on each side of the bike, from the top shroud as indicated in the image above. Set the 4 screws removed aside for reassembly.
- Remove the top shroud and set it aside.
- Rotate the right crank arm so it points toward the rear of the bike. Use the screwdriver to remove the 5 screws attaching the right shroud to the frame as shown below. Remove the bottom screws first and then the top screws. Set the screws aside for reassembly.
- Remove the right shroud.
- Rotate the left crank arm so it points toward the rear of the bike. Use the screwdriver to remove the 3 screws attaching the left shroud to the frame as shown below. Again, remove the bottom screws first and then the top screw. Set the screws aside for reassembly. Remove the left shroud.
- Installation is done in the reverse steps. Place the right shroud into position first, aligning the screws for the left shroud. Install the top screws first. (Note: Make sure that the tabs of the top shroud snap into the main assembly.)
- Review the assembly and ensure all parts are properly assembled and hardware is in place and tight.
- This completes how to replace the shrouds for a Schwinn AD7 Airdyne exercise bike.
Please sign in to leave a comment.